Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, today is my birthday.  This is the first birthday I can remember in a long time that I have spent away from my family.  I wasn't sure how it was going to go - whether it was going to be a bummer day, or an ok day.  It actually turned out to be a pretty good day.

My birthday started out the same as everyday.  When I got to work though all the guys I work with (there are no girls in my section) came in and had bought me a cup of my favorite coffee (iced caramel machiato) and a banana nut muffin, and they sang Happy Birthday to me!  Of course, everyone wanted to know how old I was, and I proudly told them I was 33.  Everyone kept saying, "Wow! You don't look 33...You don't look older than 27!"  It became a joke between me and my battle buddy, Dan.  He said, "If one more person says you don't look 33, I'm going to punch them!"  I think he was a bit jealous. :)

I attended another ramp ceremony today.  Three American heroes were sent home.  God Bless them and their families.

After the ramp ceremony we walked down to the coffee shop and got iced coffees to cool off, since we work was actually pretty slow.  I had a fruit smoothie, because the caramel macciato is more than enough caffeine for me!  We sat for awhile and talked about random stuff, just passing time.  It was pretty relaxing.

At dinner I was serenaded again by more of the guys I work with.  It was so nice that they took time to do it.  One of the guys even tried to get a cake made by the DFAC, but he didn't tell them in time.  I really felt special today.






At the end of the day, I came home and called my kiddos.  I had a wonderful time talking to them, and got to talk to Ethan and Erica too.  The conversation was pretty short because there was quite a bit of playing that needed to be done, but it was wonderful to hear Luke tell me, "I love you Mommy!"  The best birthday present ever!  I took some pics of our talk.  They are totally clear, but at least I can see their little faces (and Mom's and Daddy's and Na's too!)




Finally, I took a look at Facebook, and was inundated with Birthday wishes.  I am so thankful for my wonderful friends and family.  They really make everything special!  

Tomorrow, Scott is flying in for the day to visit and I get the day off!  Extra birthday!!

So, overall I have to say my birthday was pretty great!

Love and miss you all.  If you see my kiddos, give them big hugs for me!

By the way, if you want to know what my kiddos are doing, check out their (and Na's) blog, http://www.adventuresinaunthood.blogspot.com/ I sure love reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment